went to comic con this week. worked on these portfolio pieces to show professionals...
1) Samwise (blizzard): fantasy color does not equal realistic color. do fanart for the company you want to apply to. shows you are ready to go.
2) JIm Silke (pin up): work big. feel the subject matter. draw very large.
3) pixar dude: (john nevarez): work in 2/3 shots to tell story. tell story!!
4) mike yamada: add character to tell story. characters! emotions!
5) Alex Jaeger (lucas films): material indication. more details. more details. draw big.
6) tae young choi: work on concept more. technical is fine. almost there. do realistic style first - and then do stylized.