Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dry Spell is OVER!


Hey - so I haven't been updating or sketching in a really long time.  But, I wanted to still update my blog with what I've been up to.  This past week was spring break, and I've been working on a 40 page photo book for PokeBooth. Kind of like those "Art of _____"   It's a lot of work, and I've been working on this  book for about 1 year, and it's still not done. Hopefully, it'll be done by this week. Wish me luck.


I've also been working on my scene painting project. Above is an 7 foot tall painting of an iron that has taken me about 7 weeks now.  Everything was built from scratch (unfortunately, I didn't document that process.)  I started with building the wooden frame, stretching the muslim, starching the muslim, sketching everything out, painting it.  Slowing building it up.  This is all in the school of Drama's scene shop - so it's pretty legit. :)



I've also been taking calligraphy for the past two semesters.  Everything you see there is hand written with a metal nib and ink.  It's really fun and a lot easier than chinese calligraphy - which I've also been doing for years.  I have to line all the lines myself and measure everything out.  Time consuming - but still really cool.

Looking forward to posting some sketches soon!

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome - i do both kinds of calligraphy too, but my roman letters calligraphy is pretty bad

    ReplyDelete