Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Color Studies and some Digi life studies

So I was in my Kazone class yesterday night, and was doing some paintings of the lovely teacher and the projector. I was mainly focusing on the colors, because I found the artificial light really interesting. But both of the paintings really sucked, so I came to the conclusion that I suck at making colors in Photoshop. I'm much more accurate and mixing colors traditionally. 

These are some studies that I did from home depot paint catalogues. These really made me focus on comparing relative color temperature, brightness, luminosity, saturation, RBG, hue, A, B, all those goodies in the Photoshop color controls.  



Colors are all relative. Here I was seeing how the background color affected the perceived temperature and value of the color that I had mixed.




This one took a SUPER long time. But it came out pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment