Day 1 Wed - Get to Pittsburgh. Tired. Meet new ASA board. Check out Cages/ Midway. Sleep.
Day 2 Thurs - Work on Booth. Opening Ceremony is today. We get an extension of 24 hours.
Day 3 Friday - Work on Booth some more. Full-out Capacity. Judging is today.
Day 4 Saturday - Meet friends with lunch. Awards Ceremony. ASA Board Dinner. Carnival Party.
Day 5 Sunday - Family Brunch with Mentees. Fly back to California.
Those 5 days of Carnival made me realize that I've been lying to myself. During these couple of days, I was working 12-14 hour days, pushing my physical and mental boundaries. I ended up making a pretty good contribution to the Booth. I realized that this strenuous lifestyle made me fulfilled and happy. These is what I do for FUN!
What I've been doing in California is basically working 4-6 hour days and getting tired. That's bullshit. I thought that was I was my limits, but that's such a lie. I'm capable of so much more. I love working on something for 8-12 hours a day. I love being outside and getting a lot of sunshine. I enjoy the healthy benefits of physical labor. I love working hard and accomplishing things.
Here's what you will expect to see on this blog:
- 1000 environments
- Super awesome website update (chris-chien.com)
- Cool and Abundant works on my Etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/chrischien)
- New Youtube Channel with really interesting videos
- Better artwork and more of it overall
Here are some goals I've laid out for myself:
- make my life more exciting and accomplish a lot more shit (train 12-14 hour workdays)
- wake up earlier (6am - sleep 10pm), be more focused, have a stronger mental and physical frame
- put yourself out there, take risks, get rejected (MAKE MISTAKES!)
- really know and do what you want and go for it
ASA Booth 2011: Toy Story
ASA Board 2011: Great meeting you guys!
Game Room Clutch Team
Design, Production & Installation - something that usually takes 3 months was done in about 24 hours.
Kiva Han - one of my favorite places to eat.