So recently I've been inspired by the Tim Ferris experiment in doing my own accelerated learning challenge (http://fourhourworkweek.com/tv/)
Deconstructing (using James Paick workflow)
1) composition sketch - 30 min
2) research - 30 min
3) paint in layers - 2 hrs
- lighting pass
- atmosphere pass
- text pass
- color pass
make it easy to finish.
Selection (80/20 Rules)
- Minimalism! Only do the most important.
- James Paick tip. Do one thing really well. And then replicate it again and again. Repeated Quality.
- Theme Park POV sketch
- Nintendo Theme/ - people?
- not sure. maybe learning drafting and art direction?
- Start from the end? Do things in reverse?
- Livestream Monday 4-7pm
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Hey guys - so I'm really MIA from the blog. Recently I've been juggling multiple websites, including my Project Lifecoach Facebook Page ( https://www.facebook.com/lifecoachproject )
▸ INSTAGRAM - http://instagram.com/legendbrush
▸ ART - http://www.chris-chien.com
▸ BUSINESS - http://www.legendbrush.com
▸ YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX13LSwWloWfxCIw-Ev_3Gw
So this is a video I made showing you how to clean your room. The whole premise is to figure out what things "SPARK JOY" in your life - and throw all your other shit away. lol
What I learnedIn the book (The life changing magic of tidying up) - the author talks about organizing the following categories - clothes, books, documents, misc items, and sentimental items. It's a really in depth process and there is a lot of digging and internal reflection involved. It's like psychiatric treatment. I actually haven't fully completely the process cuz there is some areas I haven't fully cleaned up yet. I think what I really learned is...
- Ask yourself if this makes you happy
- Practice starting and finishing things. To a polish. Don't take on more than you can't finish.
- Not finishing sucks.
What I plan on doing...- Applying KonMari method to computer files. Storage is getting crazy. I don't think the solution is to get more external hard drives. It's to delete files that no longer bring us joy. Let go of the past.
- Applying KonMari to habits and relationships. Let us live life joyously.
Go read the book. Check it out from the library if you can.
As a last resort, buy from Amazon. I get 4% revenue if you buy from this link. Just set up an Amazon Associates account today.